Below, is an actual x-ray of two year old G’s tummy, taken last night in the ER at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital. And in her tummy, you will note the two small balls, stuck together. Those, gentle readers, are MAGNETS from the “Buckyball” that G somehow got her hands on despite our vigilance.
Apparently, she then unwisely decided to snack on the magnets.
I’ll write a longer post later explaining the whole, very bizarro story (right now I have to head in to work after a VERY late night at the hospital), but the good news is that Danger Toddler is now magnet-free, and thank God, no surgery was required. Jon and I are very grateful to the great staff at Children’s for their work last night.
Anyway, more later, but how about that x-ray, huh? And if any of y’all have any of the “Buckyballs” or “Bucky Cubes,” be aware that these magnet products are being pulled off shelves now because so many young children are swallowing the magnets. (For the record, I do NOT blame the company that makes this product. It is 100% our fault as her parents that G somehow got her hands on those magnets.)